Friday, March 29, 2019

Assignment 21: Reading Reflection 2

1. I didn't really a notice an argument per say, but Kahneman described two types of thinking and how humans operate on certain biases and heuristics to make decisions in everyday life, big or small. He also relates his theories to everyday problems in, for example economics to better explain what he is trying to say.

2. Thinking, Fast and Slow connects with this class in that it makes you reconsider how you go about making decisions and what biases you may have when making small and big decisions just how in an entrepreneurial aspect, you should take into account certain past events and determine which bias or heuristic you need to move forward and make a good business decision.

3. I think the exercise I would design would involve some of the more simple experiments Kahneman included in his book when describing the two ways of thinking.

4. I feel like this book just caught me a bit off guard in general. With the two systems of thinking I was a bit skeptical at first but then he was able to fully back up what he was saying with experiments that he had done and it was just really convincing. When he pointed out that we survive making choices on different heuristics and biases, I agreed but I didn't really have the support behind that until he presented his. I also liked how he was able to conceptualize his prospect theory by using economics too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Corrine,
    I didn't read this book but it sounds extremely interesting. Who would have thought that in everything that we do, Kahneman is able to categorize all of our thoughts into two types of thinking. I might check this book out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Corrine, great job on this post. I like how you went into depth discussing the central theme of this story. I personally did not read this book, but it sounds very interesting by the way that you described it. I agree with the claim that humans make decisions based off of biases and heuristics. It makes sense that humans personal biases drive the decisions that we make. Overall, great job on this post!

    ReplyDelete