Friday, February 22, 2019

Assignment 13: Reading Reflection 1

1. I think what surprised me the most about Mary Kay was that she started in a time period in which men dominated everything and yet she was still able to push through all of the challenges she faced and made her dream company come to life. I admire her perseverance and drive to make her dream come true but also her ability to keep her priorities straight through it all. She encountered adversity and failure multiple times in her life and career but she learned from her failures and pushed through the adversity to build herself and her company.
2. I think that she had a great amount of competency in sales and the ability to know your market. She identified a need and worked hard to deliver a solution to those with that need.
3. I was a bit confused on how she didn't even have a product yet before she was able to come up with her potential business plan. How do you have a plan for something that you can't even identify?
4. I would ask her about my above confusion, on how she had a business plan before a conceivable product because that is a bit backward thinking to me. I would also ask how she was able to maintain a balance between work and personal life because I can't even imagine building a cosmetic empire and being able to have a personal life at the same time.
5. I believe that Mary Kay's definition of hard work would be along the lines of pushing through whatever obstacle you have to make your dream come to life and to learn from your failures so you can continue to build your future successfully. I would share this opinion of hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment